Yu continues fighting against Guren and slices through a spell tag illusion of his. Mika is poisoned by his weapon, where Yu and Guren resort to head-butting and kneeing one another while others observe. Refusing to let go, Yu needs to win otherwise Guren will never lean on him.
Speaking with Mahiru who feels they can win, Guren considers he is weak. Seemingly allowing him to prevail, Guren answers that yes he did murder Yu's family and he is sorry. Overcoming his anger, Yu forgives Guren before stating that they are family too. Telling Guren can rely on them, Yu rallies the squad to do the same.
Joining hands, Yu informs Guren he is not alone. Krul slices Ferid's head off when he has notions of them being family too. While Ferid says it is time for them to get going, Yu wants to know what has been weighing on Guren this whole time. Guren claims he will tell them the truth.
List of characters in order of appearance:
- Yūichirō Hyakuya
- Guren Ichinose
- Mikaela Hyakuya (Battles as a Cursed Gear)
- Shihō Kimizuki
- Mitsuba Sangū
- Yoichi Saotome
- Krul Tepes
- Crowley Eusford
- Ferid Bathory
- Shinoa Hīragi
- Mahiru Hīragi (Battles as a Cursed Gear as well)
- Shinya Hīragi (visualized)
- Norito Goshi (visualized)
- Shigure Yukimi (visualized)
- Sayuri Hanayori (visualized)
- Mito Jūjō (visualized)
Yu is enveloped in the power that Mika provides as Guren swings his sword towards him. Guren's strike misses Yu as he leaps below him. After Guren states he is quick, Yu replies he has got him before slashing across his waist. A spell tag is cut apart, and appearing from behind, Guren announces he has got Yu. From the weapon, Mika sees it was an illusion, which Yu thought so.
Prepared, Yu blocks Guren's sword yet Mika reacts from within his. Floating in his realm, Mika's face begins to be covered by a shadowy like marking. Calling to Yu and warning that the poison is way more intense than before, Mika alerts him that clashing a second time will mean they are done.
After regarding Mika's sword, Yu finds Guren bearing over him. Remarking that was fast, Guren adds it looks like today is another victory. His sentence is interrupted by Yu seizing his sword arm. While Guren is somewhat baffled, Yu declares it is not over yet. After Guren takes ahold of his arm, Yu decides if they cannot clash blades then he will just have to beat him in another manner.
With Yu forcibly head-butting Guren, he responds by meaning to get Yu off him. As Guren calls for Mahiru, and Yu does the same for Mika, they both shout to give them power. The swirling dark energy around their hands manifests into jagged light shooting outwards from them. Seeing it coming, Yu cannot prevent Guren from kneeing him in the chin. After Yu coughs out blood, Guren orders him to get off. Refusing to do so, Yu proceeds to slam his head into Guren once more.
Commanding him off, Yu replies never as he and Guren maintain gripping each other by the arms. Away some distance, the squad have disembarked the truck. Kimizuki, along with Mitsuba and Yoichi observe the exchange. Seemingly still seated in the back of the vehicle, Krul is also watching the display. In the driver's section, Crowley and Ferid additionally view the scenario. Shinoa speaks Yu's name as he and Guren remain locked.
Speaking how he is not letting go, Yu feels today he finally wins. Although Guren shouts he said get off, Yu continues that if he doesn't win then Guren will never lean on him. While Guren considers the words, so does Mika, and Shinoa. Detailing that is why he is going to win, Yu has to beat him.
Stood alone in a secluded landscape, Guren is asked by Mahiru on whether he is not going to dodge. When Guren registers her question, Mahiru raises if he is going to let him win. Mentioning if Guren wants to bother trying, they have a dozen spells they can use. With Yu said to be throwing his honest feelings at them, the question is if there is a point to winning if it means getting tricky.
Mahiru does not really see a point to losing if she is being honest. After coming this far, Mahiru wonders if Guren really wants to lean on Yu. A follow up question is whether Guren wants to give in and acknowledge Yu's feelings for him. Silent at first, Guren remarks he is so weak. Replying he is not, Mahiru then considers the statement. Re-evaluating her view, Mahiru comments how yes he is, but that weakness is what Shinya and her admire. Commenting that Guren is an idiot who is not afraid to admit weakness while still trying so hard to save the world, Mahiru seems to take ahold of Guren's arm as she says for him to do whatever he thinks is best.
A sound indicates a development in Yu and Guren's struggle. Lying on his back with Yu stood over him, Guren speaks how he is tired. When Yu questions if he wins, Guren replies yes. Deeming it good, Yu tells Guren to answer whether it was him who murdered his family. Answering yes, Guren adds he is sorry.
Absorbing what Guren confirmed, Yu's expression becomes one of anger. Looking to him, Mika speaks Yu's name. After a moment, Yu shouts that he forgives Guren. Where Guren appears surprised, so does Shinoa. Asking why, Guren explains it was not altruistic. He had them killed for selfish reasons and Guren adds Yu is clearly the victim. Shouting how none of that matters, Yu states it is because the two of them are family too.
While Mitsuba and Shinoa listen, so does Kimizuki and Yoichi. After Yu says that Guren can rely on them, so should do it, he turns to encourage the others to agree. Happy to go along with the notion, Yoichi states Yu said it, and Shinoa is also in favor of the Lt. Colonel. Mitsuba and Kimizuki join them as they gather around Guren before Yu offers his hand to him. The squad place their hands in the centre and await Guren to join them.
Stating that Guren is not alone, Yu says for him to take their hands. Guren looks to them, and Shinya and Goshi are visualized. Shigure, as well as Sayuri and Mito are also viewed together smiling. Telling stupid Yu to shut it, Guren joins his hand with them. Yu is particularly happy, and Shinoa appears pleased too.
Having left the truck, Ferid has evidently had a splendid idea. Addressing who he calls "Krulsie" nearby, Ferid feels since they are following their plan, it makes them family too. The response from Krul is if Ferid says that again then she will kill him. As Ferid is in the process of telling Krul to not be so shy, his head is struck right off his shoulders by her.
As Ferid's head lands, Crowley remarks that he got killed all right. From his head's position on the ground, Ferid comments how watching them really reminds him how alone he has been his whole life. Requesting if Crowley could pick him up, Ferid calls to the others. Yu and Yoichi find Ferid's head being carried by Crowley as he details how now that they are all one big happy family, it is time for them to get on the road.
Helping Guren up, Yu affirms they are family so whatever the problem is, they will all solve it together. After Guren somewhat brushes off the sentiment by saying he hears him, Yu questions so what has been weighing on him this whole time and can he tell them. As Guren considers the question, Shinoa and Mitsuba also await his response. When Yu specifies that there are to be no lies, Shinoa watches all the more intently.
Then deciding that Guren can lie if he wants, Yu states he will still believe it as if it's the truth. This is because Yu has decided that Guren is his family. If they are stuck living in this crummy world, and are all doomed to die eventually anyway then he wants to go out having faith in his family. Agreeing to do so, Guren says he will tell the truth.
|“||Yu, watch out! The poison is way more intense than before! Clash a second time and we're done!||”|
–Himself affected by Mahiru's poison, Mika warns Yu of the danger. Page 7
|“||That was fast, Yu. But looks like today's another victory for...||”|
–Where the spell tag illusion commented on his speed, so does Guren himself. He appears to regard this as a sparring fight between comrades, where Yu is fighting since Guren may have been involved with his family's murders. Page 7
|“||It's not over yet! If we can't clash blades... ...Then I'll just hafta beat you... ...Like this!||”|
–Refuting Guren's impression that he won, before Yu moves to head-butt him. Page 8-9
|“||Dammit. I gotta get him off of me! Mahiru!||”|
–His sword arm clutched, Guren speaks his intent then calls to Mahiru for assistance. Page 9
|“||I'm not letting go, Guren. Today... ...I finally win! Because if I don't... If I don't win.. ...You'll never lean on me! That's why I'm gonna win! I have to beat you!!||”|
–Yu's determination for beating Guren. Page 13-15
|“||You're going to let him win? If you want to bother trying... ...We have a dozen spells we can use to win.||”|
–Mahiru's question for Guren whether he will let Yu win, and their options on how they can prevail. Page 17
|“||He's throwing his honest feelings at us. Is there a point to winning if it means getting tricky?||”|
–Either Guren or Mahiru's perception of Yu's words, and views on winning considering circumstances. Page 17
|“||I don't really see a point to losing, to be honest.||”|
–Mahiru's perspective, and spoken upon sensing that Guren may desire to forfeit the battle. Page 17
|“||After coming this far... ...Do you really want to lean on him? Do you want to give in... ...And acknowledge his feelings for you?||”|
–A question Mahiru has for Guren regarding Yu. Page 18
|“||You're not. No, you are. But it's that weakness that Shinya and I admire. You're an idiot who's not afraid to admit weakness... ...While still trying so hard to save the world. Do whatever you think best.||”|
–Replying that Guren is not weak, before changing her mind about his perceived weakness, Mahiru guides him to do as he wants. Page 19-21
|“||I did. I'm sorry.||”|
–Guren's response to Yu asking if he murdered his family. Page 24
|“||I forgive you!||”|
–Thundering his response, Yu forgives Guren after he admitted he murdered his family. Page 26
|“||It wasn't altruistic. I had them killed for selfish reasons. You're clearly the victim.||”|
–Guren speaks forthrightly to Yu. Page 27
|“||None of that matters! Because the two of us... ...Are family too! You can rely on us! So do it!||”|
–Hearing Guren detail how his family was murdered, Yu avows he is family too. Page 28-29
|“||You aren't alone, Guren. Take our hands!||”|
–After calling for the squad to join hands, Yu invites Guren to do the same. Page 32
|“||...! Ooh! Ooh! We're following their plan, so that makes us family too, Krulsie!||”|
–Getting an idea, Ferid decides to tell Krul they are family. From his words, rather than a vampire plan it is them following Guren's plot. Page 35
|“||Say that again and I'll kill you.||”|
–Krul's response for Ferid, where she does what she says she would. Page 35
|“||Yep. You got killed all right.||”|
–Crowley's remark after seeing Ferid decapitated by Krul. Page 36
|“||Wow. Y'know? Watching them really reminds me how alone I've been my whole life.||”|
–Although decapitated, in watching Guren unite with the squad, Ferid shares his feelings. Page 36
|“||Hey, guys! Now that we're all one big family... ...It's time for us to get on the road!||”|
–Inviting himself into the moment, Ferid calls to the others as his head is carried by Crowley. Page 37
|“||Guren? We're family. So whatever the problem, we'll all solve it together.||”|
–Helping Guren to his feet, Yu seeks details on his plan while resolved to help him. Page 38
|“||So what's been weighing on you this whole time? Can you tell us? No lies either. Got it? Well, no. Lie if you want. I'll still believe it as if it's the truth. Because I've decided you're my family!||”|
–In asking Guren to detail his plan truthfully, Yu changes to being fine with lies from him. Page 38-41
|“||If we're stuck living in this crummy world... ...And are all doomed to die eventually anyway... ...I wanna go out having faith in my family.||”|
–Yu's feelings on family with Guren a part of it. Page 41
|“||Okay. I'll tell you the truth.||”|
–After everything said and done, Guren states he will tell the truth of his plan. Page 41
- Yu is fast enough to avoid one of Guren's strikes, and in turn can slice across a spell-tag creation of Guren.
Outside it appears day time, while Guren and Yu as a child appear to be heading down the stairs to an underground section of the ruined city they are in. The buildings on either side are relatively tall, but are not the size of ones seen in cities. Derelict, some have foliage covering sections on them. On the side of the wall of the stairway, there appears to have been a poster that has since been ripped off. Guren is in his uniform while Yu is in casual clothing including a light-colored baggy T-shirt. Yu is also wearing black trousers that may be a bit too short for him, as they are parted from the light-colored boots he has. While Yu merrily waves around what may be a twig, Guren observes this behaviour with some degree of perplexity. While flashback scenes are not featured in the chapter story (aside from a visualization involving Guren's squad and Shinya), this cover image is evidently one involving Yu after he was rescued by Guren having escaped from Sanguinem.
- Where Guren had created a spell tag form of himself in Chapter 89, he does this same here. This time Yu is attacked more swiftly, yet is ready having realized it was an illusion.
- Where Yu blocks Guren's sword, the poison Mika is being affected by is from Mahiru within the sword, as mentioned in the previous chapter 111.
- Reacting to the poison that covers his face in shadow like markings, Mika focuses on warning Yu of the danger.
- For his viewpoint of the fight Yu initiated, Guren speaks how it looks like today is another victory for himself. There does not appear to be a thought that Yu is attacking due to Guren's suspected involvement in his family's murder, rather it is as if it were another friendly sparring match.
- Unable to use weapons effectively due to the poison from Guren's blade, Yu resorts to grabbing Guren's sword arm then attacking him with his head.
- Both Guren and Yu's calls for power are similar in that a shadowy substance forms around their hands before light surges outwards.
- Guren uppercuts Yu's chin by kneeing him.
- While Yu and Guren fight bitterly, the squad and vampire members of the group only watch, making no comment, and taking no action.
- Where the truck with Ferid was first seen in chapter 110, where it also appeared in chapter 111, it is revealed here that Crowley was present as well, just unseen until now.
- Determined to beat him, Yu feels if he doesn't win then Guren will never lean on him. While Yu needed answers from Guren on whether he killed his family, to voicing a desire to surpass him for Mika to consume, at this point Yu wants Guren to feel he can depend on him.
- In asking whether Guren is going to let Yu win, Mahiru states they have a dozen spells they can use to prevail.
- While Mahiru does not see a point to losing, she lets Guren make the decision.
- When Guren feels he is weak, Mahiru frames his feelings as indeed being weakness, but that is why she and Shinya admire him.
- Mahiru states something she has in common with Shinya, in the trait they admire about Guren. For their last contact, as Mahiru-no-Yo, they attempted to repel Shinya when he acted against Guren's demon transformation in chapter 82.
- Judging him an idiot who is not afraid to admit weakness, Mahiru comments on Guren still trying hard to save the world.
- Where there weren't any before, by the time Guren and Mahiru are finished speaking in their plane it is filled with many shimmering flickers of light.
- After Yu shares his feelings, Guren ceased fighting and dropped his sword. When Yu asks if he won, Guren affirms he did.
- Under the impression he beat him, Yu immediately moves to the question of whether Guren murdered his family.
- Guren says he did murder Yu's family and is sorry for it. Where it was Ferid who murdered the orphans in chapter 1, while Guren was waiting for Yu who escaped, he gave no indication of his awareness that murders would be taking place.
- Hearing it, Yu appears angered before Mika speaks his name.
- Also hearing that Guren murdered his family where Mika blamed himself for what happened, Mika's attention is on Yu's reaction and state.
- Yu forgives Guren for what he done. Told that Guren had them killed for selfish reasons, Yu decides that the two of them are family too.
- From his vantage point of feeling victorious, Yu says Guren can rely on them and calls for the squad to agree.
- When Guren is told to take their hands, his squad and Shinya are visualized. Guren last saw them in chapter 83 where as a demon he sapped their strength using chains before heading to engage Shikama Doji who was possessing Shinoa's body.
- Ferid says he and Krul are following their, the human's plan, specifically Guren and Mahiru's most likely.
- Addressing her as "Krulsie", Ferid suggests they are family too.
- Delivering partially on her threat, Krul strikes Ferid's head off with her hand. As Ferid's head flies away he is probably in the middle of finishing the word shy as he presses Krul to entertain that they really are family.
- Watching Guren join hands with the squad, Ferid remarks how he has been alone his whole life. Crowley among other vampires are ones who have accepted his murderous tendencies and been around him.
- While Yu has seen to it that Guren is considered part of the group despite his actions, Ferid comments that they are now one big happy family himself included.
- Although Yu says for him not to lie, he adds right after that Guren can lie if he wants and he would still believe him since he has decided they are family.
- After revealing his involvement with the murder of Yu and Mika's family, Guren announces he will tell the truth about his plan.
Manga panels provide a visual overview of the events of chapter 112 with depictions of the characters, Seraph of the End world and scenarios.
- Page 1-3
- Page 5
- Page 6-7
- Page 7-8
- Page 9-12
- Page 12-13
- Page 13-15
- Page 16-17
- Page 17-21
- Page 22-24
- Page 25-28
- Page 29-31
- Page 32-35
- Page 35-36
- Page 36-37
- Page 37-39
- Page 39-41