Nagai (永井 Nagai?) is a corporal of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. He is part of Shinjuku Security Unit's Third Platoon. Nagai and the troops he leads help defend the city of Shinjuku from a vampire invasion then assists in transporting Shinoa squad.
He is an anime-only and minor character in the Seraph of the End anime.
Nagai has short dark brown hair and wore circular thin-rimmed glasses.
His JIDA uniform consists of a long black jacket with light green details two rows of buttons on the front with shoulder epaulettes along with straps crossing over his chest to form an X. He wears a white web belt with a waist-plate with it. He wears the uniform trousers and black boots which go over the trouser's leggings. He wore the JIDA cap as well.
His leadership capabilities were demonstrated when he led the soldiers under his command against the attacking vampires. He was helpful in explaining their dire situation to Shinoa squad and when he transported them to where reinforcements were required. Nagai was both tactical and friendly.
At some point of his life, he joined the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Eventually, he became part of Shinjuku Security Unit's Third Platoon and promoted to the rank of corporal.
Nagai emerges from behind an intermodal container to face the vampires that have descended from a helicopter. He calls for his platoon to prepare for battle them as the defence of Shinjuku is in full force. The Shinoa Squad joins them.
After the vampires are defeated there approaches to say how they really appreciate their help, and how that was intense. Nagai shares that he is with Shinjuku's security unit, the third platoon to be exact. Assuming they are the Vampire Extermination Unit, Nagai is impressed to hear from Shinoa Hīragi that they are part of the Moon Demon Company. He guesses their luck has not run out yet, and he orders a pair of soldiers to arrange a transport for them.
They regroup at army tents where supplies and numerous soldiers in the medical tent are kept. Nagai informs Shinoa Squad that the vampires got through the west defensive barrier shortly before their arrival. They have a counterattack squad holding them off right now but he is unsure of how long they will last. Agreeing with the tactical situation being much worse than expecting, Nagai states it has been a nightmare from the start. Asking whether Shinoa's group could head west to reinforce their defences, he guesses that Yūichirō Hyakuya is right when he is assured that is why they are here.
The pair of soldiers return and state that the vehicle is prepped and ready to go. Nagai replies he will take Shinoa Squad as close as he can to the western defence and he advises them to remain on high alert.
Later he transports Shinoa Squad in a cargo truck and informs them they should be at the defensive line in the next fifteen minutes. Things might get a little bumpy and he drives as the squad discuss the cursed gear stimulant. Missiles from a helicopter suddenly fire at their vehicle and cause it to slide then flip over.
Whilst Shinoa squad are hurled out the vehicle yet escape to the ground outside, Nagai is unconscious in the drover's seat. He is pulled through the smashed front window by Yu with Shinoa's help and defended from the helicopter machine gun fire by Mitsuba Sangū and Shihō Kimizuki. After Yoichi Saotome uses his cursed gear to shoot the helicopter, it explodes but not before launching three more missiles. Nagai has been carried away before the truck he was in is destroyed.
The missiles destroy the ground beneath Shinoa and Yu, and he falls with them into the subway below. Noted as being banged up pretty badly, Nagai is meant to be taken to the temporary shelter above ground where his wounds can be treated by medics. Receiving help from Yu and Shinoa means they will meet Kimizuki, Yoichi and Mitsuba at the defensive line later. He is carried by Yu through the tunnel .
Once they get above ground, Nagai had been taken to a medical tent, and Shinoa says he will be fine there with the doctor stating he will recover.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a corporal Nagai guided the soldiers under his command who carried out his orders in terms of fighting and preparing transport.
Nagai is joined by Shinoa along with the rest of her squad at the battle of Shinjuku. Combined, they fight back against the invading vampires before heading to reinforce the western defensive barrier of the city. He was happy with their arrival and help. When the vehicle he is transporting them is hit and Nagai is knocked unconscious he is rescued by being taken by Shinoa and Yu to a medical tent to recover from his injuries.
They meet when Shinjuku comes under heavy attack from a large scale vampire invasion. He transports Yu and is rescued by him when the truck they are travelling in is flipped and he falls unconscious.
- "Incoming! Prepare for battle!" - Leading soldiers against vampires that have dropped to the ground.9
- "We really appreciate your help, that was intense! I'm with Shinjuku's security unit. Well, the third platoon to be exact." - Thanking and introducing himself to Shinoa squad. (Ep. 9)
- I guess our luck hasn't ran out yet. Men, ready a transport for these soldiers." - Pleased that they were assisted by Moon Demon Company members and arranging transport for them. (Ep. 9)
- "The vampires managed to blow a hole in the western defensive barrier just before you showed up." - Updating on the situation on Shinjuku. (Ep. 9)
- "Could your group head west and reinforce our defences? The added support would be a big help." - Pointing out where Shinoa squad could be most helpful. (Ep. 9)
- "I'll take them as close as I can to the Western defence. Remain on high alert." - Sharing his plans to transport Shinoa squad and administering his orders to troops. (Ep. 9)
- "We should be at the defensive line in the next fifteen minutes. Things might get a little bumpy." - Updating Shinoa squad as he transports them. (Ep. 9)
- He is an anime-only character.
- Nagai (永井) is a Japanese surname written two ways, and both have characters meaning 'long' and 'well.' People with either version of the name appear to be related to the Saito or Miura families.