The Progenitor Council is a group of high ranking noble vampires from rank sixth to first that are tasked in monitoring the lower rank vampires and it is only these vampires that are able to attend the Council. The Council is led by Urd Geales, a second and the current strongest progenitor. There are a total of nineteen vampires (excluding the First Progenitor Sika Madu and former 2nd Progenitor Saito).
The Progenitor Council's goal is to annihilate the Japanese Imperial Demon Army and to destroy any organization that conducts Human Experimentation. They conduct meetings every once in a while to discuss and decide on important issues like the Human Experimentation or Demon Army issues. The meeting can also be conducted in emergencies, as Ferid Bathory, a low ranking vampire, conducted the meeting when the humans invaded Sanguinem.
The council meetings are held in vampire Progenitors own castles where they contact each other through a video call. The Progenitors only meet in person if they are punishing vampires or dealing with an important matter.
- Vampires are forbidden from meddling with the Seraph of the End. Violation will result in imprisonment for all eternity.
- Prior to the Apocalypse, vampires were forbidden from meddling with human affairs. This law was overturned once the human population became threatened, and vampires rose up to save their food supply.
- Drinking blood from another vampire is taboo.
- Only nobles are permitted to turn a human into a vampire.
- Vampires are not allowed to use another vampire's blood to turn a human into a vampire. If they do so, both the sire and the young vampire will be subjected to imprisonment for all eternity.
- Sixth progenitors and above have all been turned into vampires by the First Progenitor.
- Only sixth progenitors and above may attend a Progenitor Council meeting under normal conditions.
- Abnormal conditions include when a lower-ranking vampire is reporting on the battlefield or a lower-ranking vampire is the vampire of highest authority in a region.