Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen (終わりのセラフ 一瀬グレン、16歳の破滅 Owari no Serafu - Ichinose Guren, 16-sai no Hamestu?) is a fantasy and paranormal fiction light novel prequel series, written by Takaya Kagami and illustrated by Yamato Yamamoto. It narrates Guren's story in the year leading up to the Apocalypse, approximately eight years prior to the start of the manga series, Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign.
Both the light novel and manga began within a few short months of each other and were ran concurrently at almost the same speed. Kodansha began the novels' publication in January 2013 and completed the series in December 2016.
It is published in English by Vertical with two books per omnibus, except for volume seven which was released independently as a single novel. Three omnibus volumes with the independent novel were released from January 2016 to September 2018.
The apocalypse is not only near, but a certainty. Set before the event and the aftermath detailed by the hit manga, this stand-alone prequel light novel series chronicles the inexorable approach of the reign of vampires. Witness the trials of Guren Ichinose, who must hide his true strength even as he is trampled on at an academy for the insufferably privileged.
|“||Hey, Guren? Do you think... when we grow up, we can still be together like always?||”|
Just before the world fell to ruin because of mysterious virus that appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13, vampires conquered the surface - in that one last spring.
Guren Ichinose had entered a Sorcery Training School in Shibuya. This school was full of elites from famous families in the world of sorcerers. As he himself was of modest origin, Guren held a great ambition in his heart, even despite being labelled as trash. But among his classmates, a girl appeared who introduced herself by the name of the fiancée he had traded vows with a really long time ago... In that world slated for ruin, the boy sought power; and the girl sought power as well. A magic academy fantasy story begins!
- Guren Ichinose
- Mahiru Hīragi
- Kureto Hīragi
- Shinya Hīragi
- Sayuri Hanayori
- Shigure Yukimi
- Norito Goshi
- Mito Jūjō
- Shinoa Hīragi
- Ferid Bathory
- Krul Tepes
- Seraph of the End 1: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen
- Seraph of the End 2: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen
- Seraph of the End 3: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen
- Seraph of the End 4: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen
- Seraph of the End 5: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen
- Seraph of the End 6: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen
- Seraph of the End 7: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen
- ↑ Vertical Adds Kizumonogatari Novel, Seraph of the End Novels, Ninja Slayer Manga. Anime News Network (February 15, 2015).
- ↑ Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen Novels Get Manga Adaptation. Anime News Network (May 1, 2017).
- Official English Light Novel Website
- Official Japanese Light Novel Website
- Official Manga Novel Website
- Kodansha Novel Page
|Owari no Seraph • Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen • Serapetit! "Seraph of the End" four-frame manga|
|Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen • Seraph of the End: The Story of Vampire Michaela • Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Resurrection at Nineteen|
|Seraph of the End • Seraph of the Endless|
|Seraph of the End The Musical|