The anime ran in two split cours (quarters of the year) with 12 episodes each: from April to June and then from October to December. The script for episodes 13-24 diverged from the manga and were written under Takaya Kagami's supervision.
Years ago, a lethal virus spread across the world, wiping out most of humanity and allowing vampires to enslave the human race. From there, Yūichirō Hyakuya and his fellow orphans at the Hyakuya orphanage are treated as livestock, only being allowed to live for their blood. Desperate for freedom, Yūichirō and his best friend Mikaela hatch a plan to escape with their family to the outside world, hopefully free from vampires—only for their attempts to end in tragedy. As the only one to make it out alive, Yūichirō allies himself with the Japanese Imperial Demon Army — Japan's only hope against the vampires — in order to avenge his fallen friends.
- Seishirō Hīragi (CV: Hiroyuki Yoshino / Justin Cook)
- Main article: Episodes
First cour - Vampire ReignEdit
The first half of the anime aired from April 4 to June 20, 2015, in a total of twelve episodes. Cour 1's opening theme was "X.U." by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Gemie, and the ending theme was "scaPEGoat" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Yosh.
Second cour - Battle in NagoyaEdit
The second half of the anime aired from October 10 to December 26, 2015, in twelve episodes. For the second cour, the opening theme was "Two souls -toward the truth-" performed by fripSide and the ending theme was "Orarion" by Nagi Yanagi.
Like the first cour, Battle in Nagoya was released into four BD/DVD volumes in Japan from December 25th, 2015 to March 30th, 2016. Funimation released episode 13-24 on September 27th, 2016 in a BD/DVD volume.
- Original Story: Takaya Kagami
- Original Art: Yamato Yamamoto
- Original Storyboards: Daisuke Furuya (Shueisha Jump SQ. comic series)
- Series Structure/Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko
- Deputy Director: Masashi Koizuka
- Character Design: Satoshi Kadowaki
- Visual Development Art: Hiroki Shinagawa
- Music Producer: Hiroyuki Sawano
- Music Production: Yasushi Horiguchi (Legendoor)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Sound Production: Rakuonsha
- Sub Character and Prop Design: Takuma Ebisu
- Chief Animation Directors: Satoshi Kadowaki, Ayumi Yamada
- Main Animators: Megumi Tomita, Miho kato, Yuka Sugizaki, Takuma Ebisu
- Color Design: Fumiko Numahata
- Art Director: Seiko Yoshioka
- Art Design: Kazushi Fujii
- Background Art: Studio Pablo
- Director of Photography: Yasuhiro Akamatsu
- 3D Director: Tsukasa Saito
- 2D Works: Hirofumi Araki
- Editor: Masaki Utsunomiya
- Animation Produced By: WIT STUDIO
English Staff Edit
- ADR Director: Jerry Jewell
- Assisstant ADR Director: Josh Grelle
- Lead Engineer: Stephen Hoff
- Assistant ADR Engineer: Gregory Taylor
|Owari no Seraph • Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen • Serapetit! "Seraph of the End" four-frame manga|
|Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen • Seraph of the End: The Story of Vampire Michaela • Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Resurrection at Nineteen|
|Seraph of the End • Seraph of the Endless|
|Seraph of the End The Musical|