FANDOM


  • This may all just be opinion but to the honest, I feel like the entire plotline was written by a teenager who really liked the idea of vampires and demons fighting with humans to fight demons and vampires. The beginning of the manga had a good direction and and understandable world. But very quickly that changes. Yu practically skips schooling and becomes apart of the army. Then not long after he runs into Mika. But for some odd reason he decides that he still wants to fight because of his new found "family". This thing about the angels or what not becomes a big thing then fades into irrelevance. (Sorry I haven't read the old chapters in a while.) Then Vampires come out of nowhere and it turns out history is coming back to bite everyone, especially Yu. They want a war and plan on fighting the humans. I skipped the next book. Then there's this thing with Shikama who happens to be associated with the Hiiragi family and because of her feelings with Yu, Shinoa is taken over by Shikama. But in the end Yu is taken over by Asuramaru because of some weird conscience thing and that's it. Not only that but Yu's team seems to become a little irrelevant in more than 75% of the manga because you only see them in that 25%. Other characters die and whatnot blah blah blah more subplots and yeah. It seems so messy. Someone explain this to me please. It might just be my mind messing things up.

      Loading editor
    • Gonna be honest, I think the manga had (despite how positive I've been on the latest chapters) a dip in quality after chapter 41. Obviously there were always problems as you said, but i felt super invested back then. Now, it just don't have the same feel.

        Loading editor
    • Constructive dissenting time! The plot shows itself to be effectively unpredictable (where so many other series may be frowned upon for being predictable), we could expect the orphans to escape and begin training in the Moon Demon Company with their existence as livestock alone being the fuel for revenge, of course there were other plans afoot. The school, in reality a means to an end to make Yu join a squad changed him for the better, and just in time with sudden large scale vampire attacks. The titular seraphs appear periodically but are being kept for the long term, meanwhile convoluted double and triple crossings between human factions and vampire factions, when it should have been an easy vampires versus humans thing going on, makes for one real world like happening. Working with ones most detested foes just to survive against other threats, but having close people around characters so the world is not cold makes events gripping, tense, and yet pleasant depending on the characters. On them, they all have their own goals and motives, likes/dislikes and then adapting and changing to the harsh world they are in. It is one of the series greatest strengths that it has a vibrant and backstory detailed cast rather than ‘filler’ characters based on story tropes.

      It is probably something realized but needs to be stated, that when there’s “Sorry I haven't read the old chapters in a while" and" I skipped the next book." one cannot go wrong with re-reading the source material, both to cover it and second readings always have details that may have been missed to help everything sink in better.

      Seraph of the End is one of the special series where viewing it as a story to analyse it may devalue it - which of course is applicable to anything. However it should be something to enjoy no matter what, yet having said that no story can do the same thing forever, and it's great how Seraph of the End transitions through its arcs to develop the deeper story, and show how the characters are handling what is coming their way. Bringing characters like Shikama Doji into prominence, and having characters initiate long held plans, and also having some characters take a step back so everything is being covered. Features like that, to the artwork as well - everything is becoming better than the strong foundations the series was built on!

      Thankfully Viz Media has all the chapters available, so them, and the light novels that also fortunately have been translated into English is a good plan!

        Loading editor
    • S3r0-Ph1i wrote:
      Constructive dissenting time! The plot shows itself to be effectively unpredictable (where so many other series may be frowned upon for being predictable), we could expect the orphans to escape and begin training in the Moon Demon Company with their existence as livestock alone being the fuel for revenge, of course there were other plans afoot. The school, in reality a means to an end to make Yu join a squad changed him for the better, and just in time with sudden large scale vampire attacks. The titular seraphs appear periodically but are being kept for the long term, meanwhile convoluted double and triple crossings between human factions and vampire factions, when it should have been an easy vampires versus humans thing going on, makes for one real world like happening. Working with ones most detested foes just to survive against other threats, but having close people around characters so the world is not cold makes events gripping, tense, and yet pleasant depending on the characters. On them, they all have their own goals and motives, likes/dislikes and then adapting and changing to the harsh world they are in. It is one of the series greatest strengths that it has a vibrant and backstory detailed cast rather than ‘filler’ characters based on story tropes.

      It is probably something realized but needs to be stated, that when there’s “Sorry I haven't read the old chapters in a while" and" I skipped the next book." one cannot go wrong with re-reading the source material, both to cover it and second readings always have details that may have been missed to help everything sink in better.

      Seraph of the End is one of the special series where viewing it as a story to analyse it may devalue it - which of course is applicable to anything. However it should be something to enjoy no matter what, yet having said that no story can do the same thing forever, and it's great how Seraph of the End transitions through its arcs to develop the deeper story, and show how the characters are handling what is coming their way. Bringing characters like Shikama Doji into prominence, and having characters initiate long held plans, and also having some characters take a step back so everything is being covered. Features like that, to the artwork as well - everything is becoming better than the strong foundations the series was built on!

      Thankfully Viz Media has all the chapters available, so them, and the light novels that also fortunately have been translated into English is a good plan!

      I'll put these things into consideration. But until the story is finished I don't know if I feel like changing my thoughts. That's a stubborn thing to say but I've been following the series for so long and quite frankily just lost interest.

      But if I'm truly honest with myself, I've never given up on the series. That's why I've been watching this wiki grow from the shadows. I've seen so many great things crash and burn and that's the biggest reason why I think the way that I do. I just don't know if I can follow the story for much longer without the reassurance that everything will come together.

        Loading editor
    • Well, yes. I can say that I am agree with you in this case to be honest Catastrophe at 16 novels were far more meaningful than main manga and even Kagami sensei himself had admitted that this book was the most meaningful one on his life on the Afterward of novel 7
      IMG 20200205 132141 043


      And yes really and really just like writer had admitted himself Catastroph was far more meaningful than main story to be honest (Please don't fight me for my oponion) but really if Mika didn't exist in the main manga or wasn't that beautiful then really the main manga wasn't going to be that much victorious and yes most of the things on main manga is not that deep. On Catastroph Kagami sensei had talked about depp meaning things much more and better than main manga on main manga there is always runinng away but on Catastroph we have someone that wants to SATY in front of his FATE and we can see deep means really much more (If you will read the Afterward of last novel you will see that what kind of deep means Kagami had talked about by using Guren's personality I rreally advice everyone to read all Afterwards of light novels they are really important) I hope that my oponion won't make anyone mad but yes I am agree that main manga is not as influence as it must be and in this case (just like what the writer had admitted himself) Catastrophe story is far better really

        Loading editor
    • Crimson lotus ichinose wrote:

      Well, yes. I can say that I am agree with you in this case to be honest Catastrophe at 16novels were farmore meaningful than main manga and even Kagami sensei himself had admitted that this book was the most meaningful one on his life on the Afterward of novel 7
      IMG 20200205 132141 043


      And yes really and really just like writer had admitted himself Catastroph was far more meaningful than main story to be honest (Please don't fight me for my oponion) but really if Mika didn't exist in the main manga or wasn't that beautiful then really the main manga wasn't going to be that much victorious and yes most of the things on main manga is not that deep. On Catastroph Kagami sensei had talked about depp meaning things much more and better than main manga on main manga there is always runinng away but on Catastroph we have someone that wants to SATY in front of his FATE and we can see deep means really much more (If you will read the Afterward of last novel you will see that what kind of dwep means Kagami had talked about by using Guren's personality I rreally advice everyone to read all Afterwards of light novels they are really important) I hope that my oponion won't make anyone mad but yes I am agree that main manga is not as influence as it must be and in this case (just like what the writer had admitted himself) Catastrophe story is far better really

      That itself isn't much of a surprise. Kagami is a light novelist, so it is more natural for him to write novels a lot better (i also enjoy them more for that reason, Im more of a novel reader than a manga/comic reader).

        Loading editor
    • What's the different really?story main story is by him well anybody can deny this but can we deny that the Catastrophe manga had arrived to 10 millions copies after only 6 or 7 volumes but the main manga had arrived to this level after 19 or 20 volumes!!! Even people can recognize the difference really!!!

        Loading editor
    • IfTheSkiesOnlyKnew wrote:

      I'll put these things into consideration. But until the story is finished I don't know if I feel like changing my thoughts. That's a stubborn thing to say but I've been following the series for so long and quite frankily just lost interest.

      But if I'm truly honest with myself, I've never given up on the series. That's why I've been watching this wiki grow from the shadows. I've seen so many great things crash and burn and that's the biggest reason why I think the way that I do. I just don't know if I can follow the story for much longer without the reassurance that everything will come together.

      It’s an interesting parallel with the characters, Yu and Mika for example. The journey has not been smooth, horrible things have occurred to them, they both have crashed and burned. And gotten back up. They never waited for an end or ‘right time’, there never was a right time, neither somewhere perfect where they could be. Yet they are still enjoying their time together regardless, and exactly like you, have never given up. Certainly no guarantees everything will come together, in fact it’s perfectly plausible for any number of hostile vampires, demons, or seraphs (or anything really XD ) to end the entire story with them winning, and yet the story so far is a keeper.

      With plot points coming together in particular, there have been especially remarkable scenarios, such as Guren carrying out his long forged plans with not just Mahiru, but Noya as well. Then there was Shikama Doji possessing Shinoa and fighting Saito, who is attacking him with chains and beasts of the apocalypse, whilst absorbing powers from an entire army that has emerged from the shadows! Some of the most incredible moments ever have been delivered, all the while characters have endured (which we must never take for granted, the favourites could easily have had their final scenes on more than one occasion!)

      Still, whether noting the advancements in the story, and in characters, or simply loving the series simply because, is but one perspective.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.